Musically: I always loved the ballads and songs about falling in love or out of love or having a broken heart that we heard a lot of last season. We were really able to enjoy Rachel's voice. I admit I do have a special place in my heart for Britney Spears since I grew up in the 90s but a whole gimmic episode is too much. I just don't think the musical selections have been as good this season.
Plot: So far there's no story. I don't care about any of the characters. Last year I wanted to see Rachel and Finn get together. And I looked forward to finding out how everything worked out with Quinn and her baby.
Morality: Not looking good. Cheesus Christ... As a christian I'm offended. I expect teasing. I expect them not to get it right. But this crossed a line. I felt mocked. Promoting homosexuality... I believe it's a choice and a wrong one. That doesn't mean I hate gay people. I just don't agree with their choices. And I don't have to watch a show that strongly promotes something I don't condone. Sexual promiscuity... It's shown as being ok and even expected and welcomed in high schoolers.
After last week I decided to give Glee one more week to win me back. Didn't happen. I'm offended and disappointed by their message. Perhaps I'll still listen to their musical numbers on itunes but I won't be watching every Tuesday night.
note: I wrote this post earlier than I posted it. Sorry if it sounds funny because I'm talking about the past in the present tense.
I agree. There is some real talent among the actors/musicians, but I won't be wasting my time filtering through all the trash to find it!
ReplyDelete