I can't tell how many times I question the mirror...
"How do I look today?"
"Does this fit right?"
"Is this attractive?"
In fact when I have a real fashion dilemma I contact my mom and my sister.
I have trouble with new clothing or accessory trends. I look in the mirror and can't decide if I like the new look or not. I recently texted them a picture with options. I started with a plain blue tee and a short sleeve grey cardigan. I ended up adding a skinny black belt to perfect my outfit. Thanks sister.:) If not for my fashionable family members I think I'd be stuck in a t-shirt rut.
I think the biggest question I sometimes forget to ask my mirror is...
"Is this God honoring? And does my appearance deserve as much time as I give it?"
Thankfully I have a good sense of modesty that my parents instilled in me, but I think all women struggle with vanity or image or body issues somedays. While I strive to be a beautiful reflect for my Savior on the outside as well as the inside, I strive to make sure the inside is still my priority.
"How do I look today?"
"Does this fit right?"
"Is this attractive?"
In fact when I have a real fashion dilemma I contact my mom and my sister.
I have trouble with new clothing or accessory trends. I look in the mirror and can't decide if I like the new look or not. I recently texted them a picture with options. I started with a plain blue tee and a short sleeve grey cardigan. I ended up adding a skinny black belt to perfect my outfit. Thanks sister.:) If not for my fashionable family members I think I'd be stuck in a t-shirt rut.
I think the biggest question I sometimes forget to ask my mirror is...
"Is this God honoring? And does my appearance deserve as much time as I give it?"
Thankfully I have a good sense of modesty that my parents instilled in me, but I think all women struggle with vanity or image or body issues somedays. While I strive to be a beautiful reflect for my Savior on the outside as well as the inside, I strive to make sure the inside is still my priority.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!