Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Thoughts on Romans

Today I started reading through Romans via a reading plan on my YouVersion Bible app. It's supposed to be a 8 day plan. I am sure I won't finish in that short of a time frame but I intend to do at least a chapter a day.
I've always loved the book of Romans. There are so many bold verses! Paul speaks so strongly about Christ and what being a Christian is all about. He doesn't mince words.. my kinda guy. :) I was blessed to study Romans at Bible college and it only deepened my convictions. And I haven't read entirely through this book since then.
After only the first day and the first two chapters, I am encouraged and convicted. Here are a couple verses that jumped out at me...

Romans 1:24-25 NKJV, especially verse 25.
Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
   I always have heard that line about worshipping the Creator rather than the creation and didn't know it was actually a verse.

Romans 2:29 NKJV
but  he is  a Jew who  is one  inwardly; and circumcision  is that  of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise  is not from men but from God.
   Beautiful picture and such a convincing reminder.

Wow. I love how any time I read the Word, I'm moved and encouraged. What have you been reading and learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!