Monday, June 23, 2008

the First, God is good!

So I'm back to do my first post. Hooray! :) So I have been contemplating having a blog for a little while and have been observing other blogs in order to educate myself about the best kind. I love the diversity I've seen! My goal is to share news in my life and express my questions about some of life's situations and share my opinions on, well just about everything. I'm opinionated and I hold my mother personally responsible for that! :) I hope to accomplish this in a form that is not too obnoxious or overly personal. I do not believe a blog should be a diary. It's on the Internet for goodness sakes!

In the past months (since January) we've been house hunting. Man, what a long process. We found the "perfect" house after only a month of looking and put in an offer. We anxiously waited a week and another one and eventually 3 months! Needless to say, I was annoyed. This house was a short-sale and the bank was in no hurry to unload it. So with heavy hearts we started looking at houses again a couple months ago. I really wasn't anticipating finding anything and figured we'd be settling for something else or waiting forever. But little did I know God had a plan for us! In our months of waiting and praying for action, we were encouraged by family and friends telling us that maybe God had a better house out there for us that we just hadn't seen yet. And they were right!! Last week we put in an offer on a different house and got it! I know it was God's handiwork because our offer was not the highest. Thank you Lord! So we will be moving in a month and I'm excited and nervous. Buying a house is such a big step and a big financial commitment and moving is such a challenge. But it's a challenge I plan to meet head on. I am going to pack and organize at the same time! And I will succeed unlike many a over-achieving housewife before me! I am so amazed by God's faithfulness and His blessings! I hope we can honor God with this house He's given us. And His patience with me has been unending as I struggled with waiting on His timing. I think that in the last 6 months or so I've learned a great deal about being patient and waiting on and in the Lord. I was encouraged by multiple chapters in Psalms during this season of waiting and started memorizing the Word again...
Psalm 37:39-40
But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.
Psalm 62:5-7 (and chapter 63)
My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
These chapters speak so much about waiting on the Lord and in the Lord. I hope I can continue learning to be patient and not forget the lessons I've learned as I move forward in thankfulness for His faithfulness and sovereignty.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new house! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!