Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Wish Wednesday

I'm still thinking about winter and Christmas! :)

I wish winter was prettier in Nebraska.
I miss the beautiful snow covering the ground. I don't like seeing the dead brown grass all the time. Clean snow is so lovely!

I wish my excitement about Christmas would burn strong throughout the year.
This is more of a goal than a wish because, like I said, I think wishing is pointless if you're not going to do anything about it. I've been wondering... At Christmas time we have Advent to help us anticipate Christ's birthday. Why don't we have something that helps us anticipate Easter? (Lent doesn't count because it brings dread not excitement.) Because what Easter celebrates is a little more important and we should be even more excited about it. I love the songs and stories that talk about the veil being torn! It's such a vivid description of what happened on a spiritual level at Christ's death. And it means so much to me personally - because God no longer resides in the temple but in the hearts of believers!

I wish flying weren't so nerve racking.
I'm flying to visit my sister at college later this month. I've never been much of a fly-er. I usually get motion sickness or just really nervous. I'm not worried about the plane crashing (well maybe a little) but rather worried about getting sick. I really hate getting sick on the plane. I'm so thankful to whoever invented Dramamine.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure you've seen the carton of plastics eggs. for 12 days you open one egg and it has a slip of paper in it with a verse or with something to be a reminder of the easter story.
    (ie: a thorn, silver pieces) the last egg is empty representing the empty tomb.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!