Sadness
I’m sad this week. Our good friends are moving away. This might be the first time I’ve really experienced this type of loss as an adult.
The McNairs unexpectedly came into our lives when they moved into our town and joined our flock at church. Justin and I quickly became attached to them and their beautiful baby girl. 
Our weekend evenings quickly filled with food-filled bellies, board game playing, and great fellowship. Sam and Justin quickly bonded over their love of board games and video games and the need for some good guy time once in a while. -And biking! I can't believe I almost forgot that one.
Abby and I became fast friends in spite of our different personalities. It has been so encouraging to see her strive to be a godly wife and mother on a daily basis. Abby is one of the most observant people I know and she always knows when I need a hug or someone to challenge me to open up. I have never made a friend so quickly or easily and I will miss her greatly.
Ali was such a joy to see grow from tow-headed toddler to beautiful sassy 4-year old.
I love Ali’s spunk!! After a short time we welcomed Ava – sweet, purple mouthed Ava.
She’s the lover of the family and has always had a sweet wrinkle nosed smile for us. Just last year we welcomed Aria and she’s such a doll. I’m sad we won’t get to see her grow but I know we’ll see lots of pictures and hear her screams on the phone. We have come to love the girls like they were ours and will miss getting regular hugs and kisses. Thankfully we live in a time of easy access to phones and the internet!
great word pictures laura! they will truly be missed.
ReplyDeleteconsider yourself hugged.
oh laura.... tears. lots of tears! Thanks for the post! I love you friend!
ReplyDelete