Right now I'm enjoying a new shower gel fragrance from Bath & Body Works
.
Forever Sunshine is a blend of apricot, peonies and pralines. I don't know if this is what sunshine smells like but I love it! I have to admit I almost look forward to this part of my shower knowing I get to smell this scent. :) I sure hope they have this shower gel again next summer. I usually fall in love with one of their seasonal flavors and then they discontinue it. Maybe I should stock up!
I do love summer. But when I think of summer smells something more like fresh cut grass comes to mind. I don't really want to smell like that. Or sunscreen and chlorine. Or bug spray. I love summer but summer smells aren't usually to nice. I'd better go smell the roses in front of my house to remind me of the good smells of summer.
What are your favorite scents? What smells remind you of summer?
I do love summer. But when I think of summer smells something more like fresh cut grass comes to mind. I don't really want to smell like that. Or sunscreen and chlorine. Or bug spray. I love summer but summer smells aren't usually to nice. I'd better go smell the roses in front of my house to remind me of the good smells of summer.
What are your favorite scents? What smells remind you of summer?
It's funny you should write about this...I just wondered aloud the other day why the symbolic fragrances of summer have to be such nasty things. Dying plant matter (cut grass), burning foreign petroleum (smell of lawn mowers), toxic chemicals (fertilizer and chlorine and DEET)! It is crazy how that works. But the nostalgia is so powerful, it somehow overrides the repulsion that comes over me when I realize what I'm smelling. I even get nostalgic at the gas pump sometimes because the smell of gasoline (again, not such a pretty thing) makes me remember summer vacations, and specifically, waking up in the car when we'd stop for gas on overnight trips.
ReplyDeleteAs far as personal scents, I LOVE lavender and men's cologne, although I only personally wear one of those. :) I don't use commercial perfumes anymore but I DID love Sensual Amber from B&BW!