Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Take 10 Tuesday | Journaling

 Hello! It's Tuesday again. :) Are you taking a little time for yourself today? Just 10 minutes of creative time leaves me feeling refreshed! Today I have a tip for you about journaling. 
I started pocket style scrapbooking as a way to make my oldest daughter's baby book. She's 5 1/2 now and I'm currently scrapping 2011. So it's reasonable to ask how in the world can I remember details from 2011?? When my baby girl was 1 there were so many new details and milestones to record. I knew that someday I wanted a scrapbook or baby book for her. I hadn't found Project Life yet and hadn't started the traditional scrapbook I had laying around, so I journaled. A lot. I've always loved journaling. It's a way of release for me! I record memories, prayers, emotions... It just gets it on paper so I can process and deal with life in my head. :) 
This is my journal that was gifted to me by a dear friend sometime before I was pregnant. I have about 2 years of memories in this one. Now that it's full and I'm documenting memories from this time period, I always have it on my craft desk. I have a bookmark or a couple in the places I'm pulling info from for my current pages. I also used to use a little moleskin planner. So I keep my planners close by as well. If I don't have a journal entry for a few days, I'll check my planner to make sure I'm not missing anything. 
Now I journal and plan in a completely different way... I've gone digital! :) I create a new Google doc each year for journaling and my planner is the calendar on my smart phone. At first I was really annoyed that I was using my phone and not actual paper and pen. I planned to get back to paper journaling as soon as I found a new journal I liked. But I had another daughter and life got busier! So I stuck to my new solution and have embraced it. Now as a mom of 3, I find it much easier to journal on my phone. I always have it at my finger tips and I can even use voice texting if needed. And I need the reminders my phone sends me about my calendar events. Seriously, 5 schedules is enough to scramble my brain that's especially forgetful on an infant sleep schedule!
So this is my solution for journaling and keeping those memories fresh for documenting when I have time. There's no getting behind because it's all just ready and waiting! I hope you find some helpful tips in what I've shared. Take some time to record your story today, even if it's a little journaling to add to your photos another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!