Tuesday, August 5, 2008

GO BIG RED!!!

It is 25 days until the Huskers are back on the field. I canNOT wait! I can just feel the excitement as I think about it. I love the feel of game days whether I'm in town for the game or at home. I like to turn on the radio and listen to the Big Red Network all morning. And of course I like to crank up the tunnel walk when it comes on. I get goosebumps even at home!
But nothing can beat actually being at Memorial Stadium. The food is great - I like to get nachos with everything but who doesn't like a smashed dog from the wiener slinger. You can feel the excitement building as people come in to their seats and the players start warming up. When the players head back into the locker room it's really time to get pumped up. I love watching everyone stand up on tip toes as the tunnel walk begins. The excitement and thrill I feel at the climax of the Tunnel Walk when the players run in and the whole stadium erupts is unexplainable!

This picture is from the Texas A&M game we went to last fall. A, my brother loves getting his picture taken. :) I have to say, that my favorite games have been with AJ and this one might be at the top of my list with the game we went to a couple years ago close behind. The first game we went to was a cold one. I love cold game days. I get to bundle up in my red puffy coat and squeeze into our row by some hopefully nice people. AJ and I sat by a large farmer that day who made jokes about fitting us all onto the seat every time we stood up and down. Very funny! I love husker fans (not the disrespectful ones).

The Texas A&M game was a hot one. I mean hot! But we sat in the faculty section. At one point during the first half, everyone began booing the refs for a bad call on defense. AJ thought they were booing the Blackshirts, who have seen better seasons. She immediately stood up and screamed "Go Blackshirts, we support you! WELL, at least I support you!!" The person next to us pointed out that we were booing the refs. But it was really funny!

So here's a picture of AJ and I from that game.
We had a blast in spite of the lose. I sure hope our team is better this season. And according to most reports we will be. Well, at least we can't be worse than last year. I'm so happy that Bo respects and is excited about Nebraska traditions and walk-on Nebraska players. I think the passion of the Nebraska boys is what drives the passion of the team on the field. I look forward to seeing what this season brings and am really happy it's only 25 days away! Even though summer is my favorite season, Fall is a very close second because of football. Goooooo Biiiigg Reeeeedd! GO BIG RED!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for Big Red Season and fall too! I hope we get to go to at least one game. I am getting all sentimental at how this might be "our last" in Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!