Thursday, August 14, 2008

Surprised!

Yesterday, Mom and AJ came up to spend the day doing last minute errands and appointments before AJ goes back to college. So they called on their way up and we made a plan to meet for lunch. I am very thankful for a flexible job where even though I don't normally have a lunch break, I was able to arrange something.

We went to the Roost. They serve different kinds of chicken salad sandwiches. Very good! I would definitely go back for lunch. At lunch I also got my early birthday present from A and AJ. AJ had been telling me for couple weeks that she had this great idea but she wasn't sure if she could find what she was looking for. I, of course bugged her to tell me what it was with no luck. I absolutely love being surprised at Christmas or my Birthday but I can't help but try to find out what I'm getting ahead of time. Anyone else have this issue?

In spite of having to wait, I was very happy with what I got! At work, Fran and I had been listening to a radio station where they were giving away designer purses. We tried for a month to win with no success! I am so bad at radio contests. I get a busy signal when I just call in to request a song. When I saw the new giraffe purses from Dooney & Burke, I just fell in love. But really, $300 for a purse. That I cannot do. I also rarely buy a new purse because my frugal husband is taking good care of our finances. Thanks hubby for taking care of me in ways I don't think of. :) So AJ (and Mom) found a knock-off version of this purse online. Thanks little brother and sister! I love it!

I think that I will be more happy carrying around my knock-off than if I had brought the original. I would have had to use that purse for the rest of my life because it would be too expensive. And now I can brag about how I have this beautiful purse that looks expensive but isn't. I actually take pride in that. :) AJ also got a giraffe purse for herself in a larger size. Here were are with our matching purses.

Hmm, maybe this is a step towards me blogging about shoes? Heather? I definitely will when I get my next fabulous pair of shoes. Speaking of shoes, AJ just bought a very cute pair of Dr. Scholl's gold flats - cute and comfy. Maybe I'll just live out my shoe fetish vicariously through my sister. I'm sure J would like that much better. Now that I have a house, I'm so much more excited about spending money on that instead of myself. My latest material love is Pottery Barn rugs. I love them all!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new purse Laura! So cute and I like Roost too. It's different.

    And, I would definitely love to see new shoes on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!