Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2 Timothy 1:7

I get a verse of the day sent to me and this was today's verse. Here are three different versions and I found they each bring more meaning to the verse.


NKJV For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

NIV For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

NASB For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

AMPLIFIED For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.


Being a NKJV-er, I had always heard this verse with the words "of a sound mind". But hearing it with the words "discipline" or "self-control" is so much stronger and impacts me more. Discipline and Self-Control are things I have to work towards having instead of something God just gives me. I realize that it says that God gives us these things but clearly I have to use them.
So just wanted to share my thought illumination from God for today!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!