Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ghouls on the Run!

I ran a 5k on Sunday! It was called Ghouls on the Run for the Girls on the Run program. We ran with a whole bunch of upper elementary girls and their families and coaches. I think it's great that they have this program in their schools to encourage exercise.
Sorry there will be no pictures because, we didn't want the pressure. Some of us (Heather) get nervous at these events. So the goal was to view this as just another practice run.
Heather, my mom and I started out together but it didn't last long. It was so windy! Thankfully they changed the course so we didn't have to run across the dam Holmes Lake. But we still had to run across the bridge and I thought I was going to blow away! Even though I walked some, I really happy that I finished. I think Heather ran the whole thing and Mom ran most of it. Great job girls! We'll have to do some more races next summer.
Next time we schedule a race, I plan on practicing a lot more. I was so sore earlier in the week. I could barely walk down stairs and I walked like a little old lady. Sadly, this shows what bad shape my thigh muscles are in. Oh well, I have a whole winter of Pilates to fix that! :) I didn't start running regularly until this spring and it did drop off a little mid summer but I am so happy that I started. Now that I know I can finish these races, I'm excited for spring so I can start running again with the hopes of doing better on next year's races. So if you feel that you're not really a runner, try it! You might be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. lol - for this race the nerves were a lot better. After the start my stomach stopped hurting. I really like the non-competitive atmosphere. Yeah for finishing! I lifted last night and have a little soreness going on, now. But, I definitely want to keep on a routine throughout the winter months! We can keep each other going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!