Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Flowers

I know it's pretty gloomy this week and getting colder by the day but I've been dreaming about flowers. Last week a consultant from Campbells came by and is now working on a landscaping plan for us. I like to think I already have a green thumb and don't need that much help. But I am excited to see what sort of plants they suggest and what combos work well.
I've been reading random articles and blogs about flowers and here's some that have caught my eye and I hope to have in my gardens some day.
From The Martha Blog
tulip flowers - I love tulips! The new color they bring in the first days of spring is so refreshing!
Arum lillies - I currently have calla lilies that I plant each year. They're so beautiful, I just wish they lasted longer.
Since Annie ID'd this plant for me I've now been able to share and enjoy it with more enthusiasm - but now that I know that it's not an Aussie native, it's coming out of the backyard native garden soon.
Leschenaultia biloba or Blue Leschenaultia - I'm a big fan of blue and purple flowers. The color just pops!
Kalanchoe 'Quicksilver'
shade-loving azalea
cat's cradle
zinnia

A little something else from the Martha Blog just for Heather...

So clearly I started this post another week because this week is less gloomy but still cold!
Our plan from Campbell's finally came and it looks like I'll have to wait until spring to see any of it in my yard. But there are 3 big things that I'm really excited to get - TREES! We're looking at Red Oaks and a Prairie Willow Tree. This willow is better suited for dryer areas. And since we don't have a puddle in our backyard that's what they recommended. I have always wanted a willow tree at my house. I've always thought willows are so beautiful and romantic. :)
I'll be posting more house and landscaping pictures and thought throughout the winter as we make decisions and purchases and as I yearn for Spring.

1 comment:

  1. what KIND of puppies are those? They look like little miniature bears and I love them! of course I love them.

    Oh, I love willow trees too - definitely romantic. did you like what cambell's picked out for you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!