How does TV censorship affect us?
Here's an article on it that sparked my thoughts...
Here's an article on it that sparked my thoughts...
The who-cares test: The Supreme Court focuses on broadcast decency just when Washington may be losing interest by Rebecca Cusey
Sometimes I wonder if this is not for our benefit. It seems like things that should be censored aren't being censored. The words that are used on evening TV that's supposed to be family friendly are questionable. But the innuendos are what's really bad! But I also worry about particular thoughts or people being censored because the government or broadcaster just doesn't agree with them. I don't think we're hear yet but I believe that Christian's will definitely be censored some day. We should be thankful for the freedom we still have.As a Christian how should this affect me?
Obviously, I think I should be responsible for censoring myself and what I allow into my mind.
Philippians 4:8 says, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
This is easier said than done a lot of the time. I am amazed when I notice it how much the world affects my thoughts and attitudes. Even though I try to live a godly life, it's hard to be in and not of the world. It's hard to live here and not be influenced in some way by this world I live in. This is why we don't do alone! :)
Obviously, I think I should be responsible for censoring myself and what I allow into my mind.
Philippians 4:8 says, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
This is easier said than done a lot of the time. I am amazed when I notice it how much the world affects my thoughts and attitudes. Even though I try to live a godly life, it's hard to be in and not of the world. It's hard to live here and not be influenced in some way by this world I live in. This is why we don't do alone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!