Friday, August 7, 2009

Crazy Hormones

First a word of warning... Do not drink coffee when you're pregnant unless you want to feel crazy. Last week I had a frappacino from Scooters. It's one of very, very few I've had since I found out I was expecting. I had been craving one for a couple weeks. It tasted wonderful! Well the first half did. As I slowed down, I noticed that I felt weird. I don't usually have a reaction to coffee. Now J gets the jitters almost every time but I only feel slightly more awake. This time I had the jitters, a headache, nausea, and felt like I was going to faint. So I guess I'll be limiting myself to sips of other people's drinks until the baby comes.

Well I think my pregnancy hormones have officially kicked in. I ordered a maternity swimsuit recently. I had looked at suits at Target and even tried some on. I knew the one I ordered wouldn't be cute. I was going for modestly over fashion. Did you know that when you're pregnant you're supposed to show the girls off?? yikes. Almost all the cute suits I found online would not be modest on me. So I ordered a more practical suit. But I was still excited for it to come! It arrived and I opened it and found... GRANNY PANTIES! AAHHH! I promptly burst into tears and refused to even try them on. When I had tried on suits, they were all under the belly bottoms with a long tankini top for full tummy coverage. I've found that the getting "fat" part of pregnancy is really hard for me to take, so the idea of having to wear granny panties put me over the edge. After an hour of me being irrational, and J comforting me and teasing me, I agreed to at least try them on. They weren't as bad as they looked since you can't see the top part. And I think I'll be happy to have them when I'm bigger. So until then I have a more normal pair of bottoms that I'll be wearing with my maternity top.
I hope this type of out burst doesn't happen often. I ended up being weepy the rest of the night. My poor hubby. I can't imagine what I'll feel like when I get to 9 months and feel miserable and more emotional!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!