Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baby... GIRL!

I was waiting until I had some photos to post with this. But sadly they are still on the camera. I'm going to have to have a talk with my tech guy about this! :) So without pix...

It's official - we're having a little girl. We just had our ultrasound. What an amazing experience! I couldn't help but tear up a little. This is the first time we get to really see our little one. She's so little and perfect! And she's got her little feet right on my bladder - well she did that morning. It was so comforting to watch Missy, the ultrasound tech check out all her little working parts. It looks like she has all her fingers and toes - and did you know that down syndrome babies usually keep their hands in fists rather than opening and closing those little fingers. Our girl was moving everything! And she checked that all the chambers of her heart were working correctly and that her brain was developing well. Plus they measured her - head, tummy and limbs. So even though we didn't have the special tests, we can be fairly confident that she's normal - well normal until we get a hold of her.

It's so fitting that it was pouring on Wednesday. The first time I felt her move a few weeks ago, it was pouring and thundering in church. I think maybe she can sense that I like storms or that rainy days make me sad and I need a little love. :) Wishful thinking I'm sure.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you guys! It's such a precious moment in time... there will be many more to come. Enjoy feeling your baby girl move inside of you. It's a wonderful feeling!

    Still Praying,

    Sarah

    P.S. Did you settle on a pediatrician?

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy every new experience laura! what a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Congratulations Laura! I am so happy for you! Mrs Young

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!