Friday, August 7, 2015

Capture Summer Cuteness

Today I have a great layout to share with you using the July Take 10 kit! My page is full of cuteness and purple! :) Purple is not a color you find much in pocket scrapbook kits so I admit, I wasn't sure how I'd feel working with it. But I love combining it with blue. It's my favorite color! So with purple, blue and gold accents my cute page came together. 
This page captures a few more moments from our day trip to Lititz, PA. I still laugh thinking about the moments these pictures record. After a long day at the park and walking around little shoppes, my daughter was worn out. But the last stop was a Toy store. She did love the toy store but she wasn't a fan of the big bear on the front bench. So instead of a cute picture next to the big stuffed bear, we have tears next to him. I still think it's cute! 
All the glam bag elements really helped pull my page together. I love the puffy phrases! Here's a couple close ups. I used the transparent frame to highlight our faces in the bear picture but not obscure anything. I added purple gelato splatters to my blue tag with the camera to tie the blue and purple elements together. And I cut apart my polka dot frame to spread that element around my picture when the frame wasn't the right size. I also added some gold gelato in random places for a little more sparkle. The watercolor theme of the whole kit made it easy to add gelato elements to tie cards together. I just love my gelatos!!
Now that we're moving into August, I hope you've been inspired and are creating multiple gorgeous pages with your July 'Refresh' kit! I sure have enjoyed seeing all the beautiful pages. Each kit ends up having a few cards or elements that don't speak to me right away. But when I see fellow scrappers using them, I get so inspired. Please share you work with us!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely layout! So glad you found creative ways to use items that didn't fit the way they came to you. Inspiration for things like that is one of the reasons I like see other's projects, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!