Friday, October 9, 2015

Fri Yay Card

Happy Fri-yay! I'm not sure who came up with that expression but it's kinda fun to say! :) As the count down to moving day kicks into gear at my house, I decided to whip up a few quick cards before packing up my desk. I had a few cards from the Take 10 September kit that were super fun but didn't quite fit with the pocket pages I'm working on. Fri-yay doesn't go with my toddler or 2012. :)
I also just added whipped spackle to my mixed media arsenal so I was itching to use it on a project. I used the whipped spackle with one of my homemade stencils I recently cut with my cameo. The circles added just enough texture and visual interested to my plain black card. Drawing from the mood board colors I misted the circles with purple. I used my gelatos and mini mister bottles to create my own purple mist. I love that I can make my own! Then I layered on the Fri-yay card and the bicycle ephemera.
Now I have an adorable card that I can send just to say 'hi' or 'I'm thinking of you' when I want to send a smile. Have you been able to create any fun 'out of the pocket' projects with your Homestead kit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!