Highlight of the trip may have been checking out Dad's barn - more like castle/monstrosity.
Here are some views from the top... This barn has a tower of sorts on the side. You climb a very tall ladder and then climb through a small hole in the ceiling. Then you climb through another small hole to the very top where you can look out and see forever. I love how the corn is all green this time of year. So beautiful!
Here are our artsy photos of the day. I have more but this post was getting full so maybe later.
We also got in some animal time while we were there.
Now the absolute best thing about this trip was telling my parents they're going to be grandparents this winter!! :) Sorry no pics of that but when I have a bump to show off I will. Right now it's so small, I would laugh posting pictures!
You should baby-moon someplace that you have never been before and where you probably won't go when you have kids. Someplace that would be a ton of fun...none of this saving money business! It will never be just you two again (or for a long time), so do something unforgetable!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear where you go!
Ok, sorry about the schpeel on traveling...you know me, though. I like the fun pictures, though, from home! Green corn is WAY better than yellow wheat, in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteWas there a lot of squealing when the grandparents heard the news? Or at least when grammy did?
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you! Keep us posted!