I'm so excited to announce I'm part of the Studio 29 Designs Creative Team for Take 10 Kits!! When I started Pocket Scrap-booking a year and half ago, I began following and gaining inspiration from many different design and creative team members at pocket scrapping companies around the world on Instagram and Facebook.
By the way...
If I say pocket scrapping or project life I mean the same thing! Project Life is what Becky Higgins calls it and she's by far the biggest name and promoter of pocket scrapping out there. The majority of the product I own is by her because I like her style and vision and availability.
So anyhow, I began to get inspired and when January (for most companies) rolled around I saw many people talk about applying for design or creative teams. As a beginner, I in no way felt qualified to apply but it planted a dream. Some day.. I thought.. I'll take that leap and maybe I can be on a team like that. I wanted to use my creativity to grow and meet new people and of course get free product. Let's be serious, if you don't admit that's a big draw, you're kidding yourself! ;) I fell in love with a small scrapbook company called Take 10 Kits so when they did a Design Team call this fall, I thought about it. I had bought a few stamps from them and won a kit giveaway one month so they were familiar and safe feeling. I said no... I'm too new, I'm too busy, there's no chance I'll get it. But on the very last day to apply I figured 'why not!'. The least they'll do is say no.
So I applied with this email and a few pictures of my layouts... My name is Laura and I love Take 10 Kits! I've been doing Project Life
since August 2013. I always planned to create a baby book/scrapbook for
my first daughter. She's 4 now and I never started. Traditional
scrap-booking is too intimidating and I hate to cut up my pictures. So
when I heard about Project Life, I was immediately excited and jumped
right in. I currently use Project Life or Pocket Scrap-booking as a way
to document my babies in a chronological/event based system. I have 2
and 4 year old daughters and a baby boy on the way. Some day I hope to
document more current events in our lives but I'm still enjoying the
baby years. :) Another thing I love about pocket scraping and
particularly your kit club is the affordability. I document on a budget!
That doesn't mean I don't drool over all the latest cards and
embellishments, but I keep my spreads simple and use what I have
creatively.
Well, after Christmas passed and I actually thought I'd missed the deadline so I didn't make it, I got an email... I got it!! YAY! So click on over to Studio 29 Designs LLC to learn more about Take 10 Kits and see my official introduction on the blog! Also come follow me on Instagram to see all my pocket layouts! You'll be seeing a lot more about my love of pocket scrap-booking around here!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!