Friday, January 23, 2015

Laura's January 2014 "My Story" Layout: Coffee Card

Hello! I'm excited to finally be able to share my finished project with you. I enjoy creating not only Pocket Pages but cards, particularly for family and friends. I love how this card turned out and it's been killing me to keep it a secret! Here's the finished product using goodies from this month's Take 10 pocket kit:

I am more of an event pocket scrapper so when I opened this month's kit and saw the bullet-ed week card, my brain started churning out other ideas to use it. I love going out for coffee with a friend any day of the week! 'Going out for coffee' doesn't always mean actually getting coffee but it does always mean meeting up with a friend. As a busy mom of 2 (almost 3) littles, my coffee dates are few and far between but oh so precious. This card brings together my love of friends and coffee and will be a joy to send out to a dear friend.

 The base is just white textured card stock, which I covered with an array of gelatos to match the palate of the watercolor card I wanted to layer on top. Then I took my brush and water to it to get the watercolor effect. If you're considering investing in watercolors, I highly recommend going with gelatos instead. They're less mess and so versatile! Once my card base was dry, I layered on some blue card stock to pull out the blue coffee cup, weekly bullet card, watercolor card and the coffee cup card which I trimmed around the top to mix up the shapes. I stamped the 'I...' on by covering the 'today' with washi tape and added some of the adorable puffy stickers and the rectangular label. I used my Cameo to cut out coffee but it would really look nice handwritten too.

I hope you're inspired my this month's My Story Pocket Kit and I look forward to seeing all your creative projects and pocket layouts! You can see more of my work at www.howtheliliesgrow.blogspot.com or on Instagram @liliesgrow1227.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!