Hello! I'm so excited how this card turned out! I ended up using most of my February Journey kit on this layout I shared with you last week. So for my second project I used the last card I had and the stamps. I love the stamps this month! The mix of script and print fonts is so eye catching. I used both the kit stamp and the add-on balloon stamp.
First
I water-colored some white cardstock with my gelatos to get more sky
background to pair with the 'sky is the limit' card. I probably could've
used watercolor paper but since I don't have any, white cardstock
works just fine. I sometimes lament the lack of good supplies I have
but when I use what I do have, I still have great results! Always try
to use what you already have, you will probably be just as happy with
the end product and your budget will be happier too. :) After my sky
background dried, I added the hot air balloon stamp and clouds with
black ink and added gelato watercolor to them as well. Then I wanted to
add a specific sentiment to the front without disrupting the picture I
just created. I was happy to find one last sheet of sparkled vellum in
my paper stash. So with a quick cut on my Cameo, I had a fresh Happy
Birthday to finish off the front. It created the perfect overlay with
the vellum which I attached with a couple green brads. By using the
blue-green-red color inspiration that came with the kit, I have a
beautifully cohesive card!
I
stamped a couple of the sayings on white cardstock so they would pop on
the inside. Plus I misted some of the smaller elements to get some
more red on the inside. If I had planned a little better I would've
attached the brads before I glued down the front but it doesn't bother
me too much. There's always something to learn for next time. :) I can't
wait to share this card the next time I need to wish someone a Happy
Birthday! And I hope you all have been just as inspired by the Journey
kit!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!