I was so excited to get this month's Take 10 kit
and realize I had my baby girl's 1st birthday photos printed! This is
the first page of about 4 for this event. :) First birthday's only
happens once and I already had a hard time editing the photos I wanted
to use.
I'll be sharing another page at Studio 29 Designs blog next week and more here as soon as they're done. I might also be sharing glimpses of these birthday pages on my Instagram while I'm working on them. And it might be a month before you see the final pages because baby boy is due in 2 weeks so I'm taking a bit of a scrappy break to cuddle my little one! Use the code 'create10' to get 10% off so you can keep scrapping with this kit while I'm off!
I'll be sharing another page at Studio 29 Designs blog next week and more here as soon as they're done. I might also be sharing glimpses of these birthday pages on my Instagram while I'm working on them. And it might be a month before you see the final pages because baby boy is due in 2 weeks so I'm taking a bit of a scrappy break to cuddle my little one! Use the code 'create10' to get 10% off so you can keep scrapping with this kit while I'm off!
The
theme was 'Cute as a Button' and full of pink, so the bright colors of
the Celebrate kit are the perfect compliment. I used my gelatos a lot
on this page! I love it when that works out. They add such fun color to
any card!
On
the title card, I added the 'No 1' wood veneers from my stash (a Studio Calico 2014 summer kit) and
painted them pink with my gelatos. I also misted the bright white card
to add a little more pop. And I used gelatos and a baby wipe to create a
background for the celebrate stamp. The pinks and blues blended so well
this way! I
also used a couple gold chip board elements (Heidi Swapp gold foil value kit) throughout the page for
more fun. I like how it adds an element of festive glitter to the whole
page! And the gold/white card is also from HS and the stripe one from Strawberry. You'll see more of the those kits in these layouts because they coordinate so perfectly!
This
page is a little light on the journaling for me but there are more
pages to come. I'm also creating a full page spread for this event. I
only do that for special events where I know I want to highlight a
memorable picture or express a larger amount of words. I know I want to
record what happened this day as well as how I felt. This was a big
milestone and I want her to look back at these pictures and know what
happened as well as how much I celebrated her milestone in our lives.
It's important to have those stories and precious thoughts recorded
along with the pictures and details of her 1st birthday. I hope you
find a way to incorporate your heart amidst the celebration you record
with this fun kit!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!