In these 2 pages, I used the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan core kit and the Baby Edition for Her core kits. This layout records quite the variety of stories in our lives! In this 2 week time frame, we celebrated birthdays, enjoyed the fall weather and said goodbye to loved ones. It was emotional time and the hidden journaling on the rose card took me a while to complete.
1 Peter 1:3-9 says:
Blessed be
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His
abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the
resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being
much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by
fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of
Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
When I focus on these verses, that whole week is more hopeful and comes into focus. The focus is eternity, not here and now! If I were to focus on only here, I'd drown in my sorrows and worries. Each day has plenty of troubles of it's own, not to mention reliving past ones. But I am so grateful that Jesus' promises believers, there is more. I have an inheritance, a future that is 'incorruptible, undefiled and does not fade away'!
Recording even the sad stories is important because it reminds me of the hope that Jesus gives and bring all of life into focus! It gives me strength to be thankful for the hard times and gives me even more joy in the good times.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!