Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hope

Today's verse reminded me where to put my hope and where to find joy.

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again. Psalm 42:11, NLT.

This really hit home as I consider the death of a friend's father. I don't understand how you grieve without the comfort of the Father. And this verse was encouraging on a daily level as a reminder to praise Him even when the days feel long.

1 comment:

  1. I like that verse, Laura. I, too, find it comforting knowing our Father in Heaven knows all, has my life already planned, etc. Even when I get discouraged or want answers asap, I can always put my faith and hope in knowing that God has a way for me... so reassuring!!

    -Sarah

    P.S. Enjoy your weekend. Tell Justin hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!