Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby Girl

A lot has been going on and I know many of you have been praying for us. Since I have a minute I thought I'd update you on what's going on with Millie...

First, how she arrived... my water broke at 11am on Monday the 11th and we went to the hospital about 2:30pm. All was going well and I was happy that I was able to handle labor without drugs even though I was hyperventilating some. But by evening we found that Millie was not turning correctly and I was not progressing past 9cm. So after 3 awful hours of being stuck at that point, I needed an epidural. While waiting for it, Joanne (my midwife) and I tried everything to get Millie to turn. I wanted to die - it's not fun to dance around the room when you're in such intense pain! Once I got the epidural, we were hoping to get her turned and out safely. But her heart rate dropped and so we were immediately sent to get a c-section. I'm so happy we have modern medical ways like this for back up so she could get here safely! I'm also grateful that I can rest in God's sovereignty. I did not want a c-section but now looking back, I can rest in knowing that it was God's plan.

Her first week (at the hospital) we worked on nursing, but our first week (her 2nd week) at home was really hard and we found out at her 2 week appt that she was losing weight. I felt soo awful for not knowing that was why she was so fussy all the time. So since then I've been going in every 3-4 days to get her weighed and meet with a lactation consultant. Due to some challenges, we've had to supplement with pumped milk. This feeding schedule has been really really hard on me and at one point I was ready to switch to formula. But as of Monday she was nearly back to her birth weight! So we're continuing to make changes to the feeding schedule in hopes that I can stop pumping and giving her the bottle all together very soon. This continues to be a huge challenge for me as each change makes for a tough few days as we both adjust. This also makes it nearly impossible for me to get out of the house. So all your prayers, encouragement, meals and visits have been soo appreciated!! Hopefully Millie will continue to grow and feed well and we'll be able to start getting out soon! She's already growing and changing so much!

3 comments:

  1. i miss you laura and olivia... you too justin! can't wait to visit again soon!
    love
    ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy for y'all! i can't wait to meet olivia! she looks precious. i'm glad things are starting to "pick up" for you. Good attitude, though! it is all in God's plan!! ;) wish i could have brought you a meal!! ;)

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to see the pictures...i'm going to check out justin's blog as well, hoping there are more there. can't wait to have you back at flock and church!!! i'm praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!