We celebrated Father's Day while in Colorado this weekend. It was sort of our 2nd time. Last year a month before Father's Day, I learned we were expecting our first baby. I went to the store hoping to find a creative way to share the news with J. For once I was happy that stores like to get the jump on whatever holiday is looming in the future so they already had the Daddy cards out. So last year I gave J his first Father's Day card and told him how excited I was for him to be a Daddy! :)
This year I went a little cheesy and ordered him a photo mug from Snapfish. J's not so into those types of gifts. But I know he drinks coffee at work and he needs a way to show off his cute little girl!
I also love Father's Day because I'm reminded to let my dad know how much I love and appreciate him. Sometime I think he out does me though! This year I just called to tell him 'hi'. I don't usually buy him anything because more than anything, I know he just likes to know I love him. But he always ends up telling me how much he loves me. It feels like Daughter Day! :) I love hearing him tell me how he loves me and loves Father's Day because he's reminded of how I made him a father.
So HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my Dad and my husband. I couldn't ask for a better dad for myself or my daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!