This month we participated in Baby Dedication at church and so we received the Big Picture Story Bible for O. I love it! I love that it not only has beautiful pictures but that it tells the Truth behind the Bible story not only the story itself. Right from the start it talks about how God relates to man and how sin affects Adam and Eve. It doesn't just focus on the story of them eating an apple. So I have really enjoyed reading this to O! This book is a great compliment to The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes, which I read when I was a kid. It focuses on telling the stories in the Bible on a level that is interesting for little ones. And it has great pictures!I look forward to researching new books, picking out old classics and getting tips from friends about what books will encourage the bookworm gene in Millie!
We LOVE the Jesus Storybook Bible!! Every single story (even the Old Testament ones) ties back into how God would (and then did) send His Son to be our rescuer. The illustrations are fabulous and the stories are so wonderfully told. It's just really wonderful and we totally recommend it to everyone we know who has kids...or grandkids...or neighbor kids! And if you're interested in any non-Bible books - my kids favs are Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? any of the Llama Llama books (Red Pajama, Misses Mama, Mad at Mama), and anything touch and feel. I'm a book person too, so pretty much my favorite thing is finding great new books for them and reading to them!
ReplyDelete