Hello and a happy Friday to you! I have a very fun memory to share with
you! Visiting the local children’s zoo is a frequent trip for me and my
kids. In 2011 it was only my oldest daughter (who is 5 now) and I. The
summer of 2011, we went to the zoo almost every week! She loves all the
animals but especially the penguins. I just love all the happy faces I
can capture while we’re there. This particular trip, we went with
friends and it was one of our first trips of the summer so every exhibit
was a new treat. It also happened to be wild Wednesday so we had a
hands on experience with a few animals. This might be only time I
encouraged my 1 year old to touch a rat!
The Bloom Take 10 kit is a perfect compliment to my zoo pages! I used a couple
cards from my stash. One as the cute background to the ‘sunshine’ wood
veneer. And I made one card using the flower stamp from the Glam Bag
with red gelato and yellow ink. One of my journaling cards even got a
little extra embellishment when I realized I made a boo boo. A little
washi and you can’t even tell.
Whatever memories your spring has been filled with, I hope there were a
few bright spots that you can capture. The Bloom kit makes me smile
every time I pull it out. I love the bright colors! The stamp set says
‘you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain’. It’s true but this kit
can brighten even a rainy day!
This is page 2 of my Sunshine at the Zoo layout! We had a fun day and plenty of great pictures to make another page with my Take 10 Bloom cards. I love these close ups of my daughter. She made all these great faces when she was learning to say cheese!
I had one blank spot once I got all my cards laid out. So I used the chevron stencil from the March glam bag to create a nice watercolor card with my gelatos. The wood veneer camera is also from a past Take 10 kit and I'd hadn't found a home for it.
I was so excited to see how easily this page came together with the May Take 10 kit and a couple things from past kits! It sure makes pocket scrapbooking fun and easy when I have good supplies that work together!






Beautiful projects Laura, and it looks like you guys have been enjoying your selves!
ReplyDelete