Friday, September 11, 2015

Everyday Mixed Media Card

 
This week I have a fun card to share with you! I finally purchased some gesso (jess-o) and was anxious to use it with a stencil. So I pulled out the Take 10 stencil from this past spring and started making a mess. 
 
Let's be honest, I pictured it turning out much more clean and crisp. But for my first go with gesso, which turns out to be runnier than I expected, I'm pretty happy with it! I layered some embellishments from the August Pocket Kit and Glam bag over the arrow pattern after adding a few swipes of red gelato. The pieces I used on the card, I wasn't sure I'd find a home for in my pocket scrapbooking. I don't get in much traveling these days.  I'm not from California. And I tend to be a little too literal with my supplies. If it says California Hwy I have to use it on a page about that. :)  But all these embellies came together to create a fun travel inspired card that I can use for a birthday or everyday encouragement note. 
 
Inside the card I stamped the Wonder sentiment in white so it pops off the navy paper. I love how this card turned out! I'm looking forward to sending to a friend. And I'm looking forward to more 'trial and error' mixed media projects in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!