Last Thursday I was abruptly informed that I no longer have a job at PSIS. Due to the economic hard times they were still cutting positions and mine was one of them. When there are two receptionists and they decide they can make only one work, there's nothing I can do. Though I'm thankful it didn't have anything to do with my performance, it was still shocking news.
The best encouragement I got that day was from my mom. She said remember that even though you were shocked and this was unexpected, it was not a surprise to God. He knew this was going to happen and has a purpose in it. I just love my mom. It's great how she usually knows what to say. How can I learn this skill?! :)
So this week I have been a stay at home wife! I'm not usually very good at this. I tend to sleep in and was TV more than I should. But I am determined to do better this time. So far I am! Yesterday I ran errands and did things around the house to prepare for the day. Today I am planning some serious house cleaning. And I am so excited that the weather is finally going to be decent so I can run outside again. Exercising is one of my daily goals while I'm home. It helps me get going in the morning. My mornings still aren't very productive but this helps. It's like my brain cells are on stand by until noon.
What are your daily goals that you do whether throughout the day at home or around your work schedule?
i'm hoping to do some spring flower planting this year!!!!
ReplyDelete1. Having the bed made by the time I got to sleep.
ReplyDelete2. Having all the dishes clean.
3. Working out (I have been doing horrible on this one).
4. Read my Bible
On the weekends, my goals are to:
1. Do all the laundry
2. Grocery Shop & other errands
3. Clean the bathrooms
Laura,
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to email you. I was sorry to hear your news, but I would have said something similar to your mother. She was wise. I, too, believe that God has something better in store for you. It's always hard at first, not knowing, but He already knew what He was going to do with you since the day you were born. Praise HIM. Try to hang in there and wait patiently... If I've learned anything since we moved it is this: GOD ALWAYS PROVIDES.
Now on to answer your Q's:
Daily Goals: read bible, workout, prepare dinner for Drew, take care of son & home, etc.
Projects: finish decorating our new home, finish Brode's baby book and scrapbook, garage sale on the 18th, etc.
-Sarah