Well yesterday marked the first Nebraska football game of 2010. We had friends over and enjoyed mexi dip. Mexi dip is standard game food at our house! Millie dressed in red and white for the first time! Eventually I'll get pictures up of her in her 'my first Nebraska tee' and little white skirt.
But I have to admit, I hardly watched the first half and was still distracted during the second half. Crazy! I know. It's so unlike me! I love Nebraska football but, what can I say, I love my baby girl more. :) I spent the first half with her - watching, playing and entertaining. And I loved it! I hardly noticed I was missing the game. I put her to bed at half time and figured I would be able to enjoy the second half. But since we had company, I was still distracted. I kept listening for her because I knew the extra noise might cause some sleep issues but she slept right through our noise. :) She's such a good baby! So I do feel little bad that I paid so little attention to the game, but we played nobody and I had a good excuse. I still plan on enjoying Nebraska football but I now have a new priority during the game. Millie comes before football. I don't think that makes me a bad fan, it just makes me a good mom.
There have been so many things over the past almost 8 months that have changed. O takes priority over many things in my life, including myself a lot of the time. It's sometimes a hard adjustment, especially when it affect other people I love. But I am so thankful to have her. She's a blessing!
OK, I'm stopping. I could write post after post just gushing about her. I think I'm in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!