Friday, September 17, 2010

Wish you were here!

On Tuesday mornings, I attend Bible Study. We're doing a Beth Moore study of Esther. I am so excited to go every week! And each week, I wish every woman I know could be there with me! 
This week's study was focused on meanness. It was a surprising topic for Esther. I wasn't expecting it but it still rang true. The key points were...
It's tough being a woman in a mean world.
1. meanness always has a history.
2. meanness perceives a threat.
3. meanness catches like a virus.
4. meanness is curable.
I love how every week I am so encouraged and convicted! Each week I also think of all my sisters in Christ that aren't sitting with me and wish they were. I'm so excited about what I'm learning and I wish all my girlfriends were with me! 

3 comments:

  1. So what does meanness have to do with the passage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we read esther 3:1-5. the passage is about Haman. we dug into his history... he's an amalekite and mordecai is a jew. they have bad history.
    the point is you need to join me at the study to get all the meat. but i'm not sure guys are welcome this time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took from it that everyone has a mean streak, however, you are mean if you recognize it and don't care about....what you said to the person, the way you dress, excusing yourself and not taking ownership that maybe you were inappropriate in some way to others. It has been a good study. it is interesting what she pulls out of each lesson to apply to our lives personally.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!