I was recently treated to a shopping trip for my birthday in August. I don't go shopping too often anymore so it was quite exciting! Having a baby changes the way you decide what type of clothes you need. Everything needs to be available to be spit up on. And everything fits differently than it did before.
I tried on this sweater dress...
Now I'm not a sweater dress type of girl. I have curves and when I've tried on this type of outfit in the past, it's less than flattering. But I was surprised to find out, it looked great and I loved it! I never seem to start my Christmas list early enough but this year I know one thing is already on my list.
I did come home with a few things including this top and skirt and some cardigans. I love that cardigans are in style this year. It makes me feel like my wardrobe is more versatile since I can put a cardigan over my summer tops.
I got these wedges for my birthday from my lovely siblings! I realize that getting white shoes so close to labor day might be an issue. But I did get to wear them a few times and I'm looking forward to wearing them in spring! It's like knowing I get new shoes when the weather gets warm! :)
That's a great looking dress! And my opinion about the shoes? Wear them whenever the heck you like! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Laura. I just got an awesome pair of shoes that I forgot to blog about. I will have to get on that. Plus, I just went shopping today and got some tops and jeans. I ALSO LOVE the cardigans!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been able to make a sweater dress work due to the curvy hips. You have given me inspiration to try again!
can't believe the wedge shoes!!! i used to wear them in high school. loved that mike was tall because i could still wear 4 inch heels. wedge shoes are easier to balance in then the skinny little high heels. maybe they will stay around :)
ReplyDelete