Where were you on September 11, 2001?
Sadly I often forget the horrible events that happened that year, when 9/11 comes around each year. But today even as I listen to the Nebraska football game, I'm reminded of that day. I'm reminded I need to be thankful for each day here. I need to remember our troops and the sacrifices they're making everyday because of that day.
In 2001 I was in Jackson Hole, Wyoming at Bible college. I wasn't quite awake yet when Jenny came into my room and said we'd better get up. Something happened and we needed to come over to Pastor Don's house and see. I got up and stumbled over in the pajamas. I sat there most of the morning just watching the coverage. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't look away. I was afraid. I wondering what this would do to the world I knew. What would change? I was 13 hours from home and immediately I wished I was with my family. If war ensued could I go home? No, if the fight spread across the nation, I would go home. I cried and prayed for anyone I could think of that was directly affected by this.
Thankfully class was cancelled for that day. I don't think I could've focused even a little.
Even today, as I remember, I can feel the emotion of that day bubble up again. I feel the fear and shock and sadness. And immediately my thoughts turn to prayers. I know that day still haunts the daily thoughts of many people in our nation. I'm looking forward to heaven. I'm looking forward to the day when sin doesn't destroy the world like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!