I was looking for a spring dress and some summer tees and maybe some khakis. We only made it to one of the 3 malls in town. This is rather shocking but OK because it was still a success!
First this picture was taken at J.Crew. Now I don't normally shop here. I think they have very cute clothes. But they usually look best on very tall and skinny girls. I am neither, especially not tall. And J.Crew isn't exactly budget friendly. Anyhow I tried on this fabulous orange skirt. Pencils skirts look pretty good on me and this one fit perfectly!



1. Chino Short. I like Navy and Stone. They fit well and are a great length. 2. Minty Featherweight Cardigan. Cute and comfy! I really like these casual cardigans that are everywhere this season 3. Corsage Tee. I like the detailing. These things are going to stay on my list as things to watch. I hope they go really on sale online! So I left the store with socks. :)
Next stop Anne Taylor Loft. I love this store because they have cute stuff that is more grown up without being the Misses section at Dillards. No offense, I'm just not to that dept yet. But I also am pretty much out of the Juniors departments. It's a tough spot to shop. Last year I bought this shirt in blue.
So naturally when I saw they still had them and they were on sale, I bought two! I also got a pair of pants that were later returned. My hubby gets the last word on whether or not the clothes look good. :) Thanks for the fashion expertise honey!Next stop Banana Republic. Again this store is usually not budget friendly or curve friendly. But I found this...
LOVE this dress!! But let me tell you, it was not love at first sight. It looks like a bag on the hanger. A serious bag. But it's super cute on. No this is not me in the picture (insert sarcasm and smile). So at first glance we walked right by. Then we saw it on the manikin and mom said maybe I should at least try it on. I tried it on and was slowly warming to it. Everyone that walked by said 'oh so cute, it looks so much better on than on the hanger'. This is a different style of dress for me than my usual style. Even Justin found it to be unexpected. And of course the sales lady recommended I try these shoes...
Can you say expensive shoes!? I love them. They make my legs look tan and longer. I love you shoes. Bye shoes. Maybe I can buy you when my independently wealthy sister loans me money. :) Don't you just love how the sales lady talks you into trying your dress on with shoes that you cannot afford but will absolutely fall in love with!? They capped off the whole look and I was convinced that this was the dress for me. And the dress when on sale after a couple days and I got money back. So it's definitely the dress for me!We also walked through DSW. Does this store overwhelm you too? I can never buy anything here. It's too much of an overload. Sad but true - shoe overload can be achieved.


Like I said I like the casual cardigans. And thankfully this was on sale. But imagine full long sleeve lavender and polka-dotted navy instead of these colors. I love polka-dots!
After a quick stop at Cold Stone Creamery for a "healthy" snack and a perusal of Pottery Barn to feed my imagination, we headed home. I would say it was a successful trip!
Ditto on your thoughts about J. Crew. I love their stuff, just can't pay for it. I also have great success with Ann Taylor regular and loft, however only in their petite section and there isn't as much variety there. I am a Banana girl - I've even got the card. They can have some great sales. And Gap is my fav. Tell me again, why have we never shopped together? Seriously, same stores.
ReplyDeleteOh, lucky you can wear pencil skirts. Not me, I have to wear a-line everything.
Sounds like you had some fun shopping and some great buys! I don't realize how much I missed shopping until I saw your post! My theory is to stay away so I don't spend money, but boy is it fun!! =)
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you lately and praying. Let me know if there's anything I can do, pray for, etc. I hope you had fun at the Women's Retreat!
-Sarah
Fun day! It's funny, when I saw that BR dress here, I realized I saw it on you at the wedding on saturday - and had thought to myself, 'that is a really cute dress.' Didn't notice the shoes you had on, but now I think I know what they must have looked like. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I heard something a long while ago that seems to be proven correct again and again: the worse it looks on the hanger, the better it will probably look on a person. I think it's true.