Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Wish Wednesday

I wish my baby was sleeping. We have a friend over today and H is sleeping soundly and my girl has been making herself heard for the last couple hours. I think it's time to completely drop the morning nap. We've be doing naptime from 10-11 and then 2-4. Millie just couldn't make it through the morning without a rest. But now she's really struggling with her afternoon naps.
Any tips on how to make the transition to one nap easier?
Honestly I think the transition might be harder for me than her! I enjoy being able to take a morning nap if I stayed up too late last night. And I usually get ready for the day during her morning nap as well. I'm either going to have to get up before her, which is rarely going to happen or learn to get ready faster with her around.

I wish it was 85 degrees everyday for the rest of the summer. Today is so beautiful! It's been so ridiculously hot that today I almost felt like I needed a jacket this morning. Even though summer is my favorite time of year, I do miss cooler evenings and mornings where you just want to pull on a cozy sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. But today was the perfect day to be outside! Yesterday the FedEx man delivered our new kiddie pool and today we broke it in! It was a hit and a great way to cool off. Between all 5 kids (my 2 for today plus the 3 neighbor kids), I had to wash out a bunch of grass but it was worth it. I'm happy to have a pool for the rest of the summer!
How have you been beating the heat this summer?

I do not wish for twins. Oh my goodness. Having two 1.5year olds today has shown me that I do not wish for twins. Ever. When I was a kid, I thought having a twin would be a blast. But now as a mother, I realize raising twins would make me pull my hair out after a couple days. To those mamas out there I know that have twins ...you are strong women! God must give extra patience to those moms and dads!

1 comment:

  1. glad that this ended up working out! I love your blog!

    my blog is www.djandjessifam.blogspot.com

    have a great evening!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!