Friday, July 24, 2009

My Favorite Husband & Chef

The cast of characters...
A few weeks ago after church I began craving an Egg McMuffin or a Bagel 'n Egg sandwich from McDonald's. J said 'no' because we will not be indulging my every craving - it's not healthy and I would gain 100 pounds! We even drove past McDonald's and I begged to no avail. Then my genius hubby said he could make one for me at home. I wasn't so sure. I really wanted that fake looking patty of eggs. And I was doubtful J could produce that or anything as good as I imagined it would be at this moment. OOH how wrong I was!!!
This picture is from the second time we've had these sandwiches of egg, bacon, cheese and English muffins. The may not be as structured as McDonald's but I think they're way better tasting! I am so impressed by my hubby and to blessed that he likes to cook and is good at it!




A little extra bacon and some hash browns make it the perfect Sunday lunch. Satisfying and nap inducing.










The other food I've been craving is coleslaw. Not just any coleslaw but only the world's best! I am very picky about this. Coleslaw from the grocery store has this weird tang to it and at restaurants it's just not creamy or homey enough. I finally called my Granny for the perfect recipe. It's from our Mennonite church recipe book and is actually from Dresbach's in GI. Sadly Dresbach's is no more... no more fried chicken and sides in the park. BUT the coleslaw lives on! It's perfect - nice and creamy with just enough vinegar to keep it from getting too creamy. Thanks to Dresbach's, Mennonites and Granny, I can count this craving satisfied!! Who knows what it'll be next.

2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! I've never really liked coleslaw (probably because it was too tangy) but yours looks great...maybe you'll share the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg McMillhouse looks alot more appetizing!!! Hold on to that chef, he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!