Thursday, June 23, 2011

3 Year Blog-o-versary

Today is the Anniversary of my little blog!
It's been 3 years since my first blog post. My first post was about God's goodness to me - and it still rings true! I have a wonderful little family. I love seeing my baby girl grow up each and every day. She's learning so many new things! As you can tell from most of my posts, she's my daily excitement. I usually post about her. :) I also have a wonderful husband. As the years pass, we grow closer and learn how to work together more. We have a beautiful house and wonderful neighbors. We have an amazing church family. I've been truly enjoying all the opportunities to serve and challenges to grow.

One of my first posts was fun facts about me. In honor of those first days here's an update about me...
I am: going to be 25 this year! 
28. Oh boy, I think I'm beginning to feel a little old. Sometimes I actually forget my age. When I get the age question I usually think '25' and then 'oops. I'm definitely past that.' Maybe my internal age is stuck on 25! :)
I think: in funny directions.
I am still one of a kind. I've found that mind-reading is the hardest skill to learn in marriage. Seriously, I need that superpower!!
I know: that I am loved.
that I am still loved and even more! And that I have my own daughter, I have learned what it is to love my own child. It's amazing and scary to feel so strongly about a person!
I want: a kitty.
still a kitty. :) But I think I'll wait until Millie is old enough to ask. She has way more pull with Daddy!
I have: more blessings than I take stock of.
A wonderful life! I am so blessed to have a wonderful hubby and beautiful daughter.
I wish: I was more observant.
Well I'm still working on being observant but I think I'm improving! This seems to be a life long learning process. These days the one thing I really need more of is patience. Mommyhood required a lot of it!
I plan: to be an organized mover.
to enjoy the summer. Millie loves being outside and so we're going to soak up the sun!
I hate: it when people are rude or disrespectful.
I think this one stays the same. Rude-ness is annoying. It's not that hard to be a little gracious and remember 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!'
I miss: the Tetons some days.
the freedom of life before kids (only some days). You know. Kids mean your schedule isn't yours, it's theirs. I miss having dates with my hubby!
I fear: big, fast spiders.
ugh. Still spiders!!! But family brings a whole new set of fears. I would hate to loose J or Millie. I love them so much! I constantly have to give them to God and remind myself that He loves them even more. And I know He loves me and will care for me thru any storm.
I feel: sleepy still.
optimistic.
I hear: birds.
happy baby-talk. I love this happy stage! Sometimes I wish Millie would stay little.
I smell: enchanted orchid soap.
a little funky. I go workout at the Y most mornings and it's a great time!
I crave: chocolate.
a date night. We plan way too few of these. Date nights are expensive! You pay for dinner and a babysitter plus a movie is $10 per person. Crazy. I also crave a mani and pedi day. Ahhh that sounds so relaxing. I haven't got that type of pampering since last summer.
I search: Google.
for wisdom. I am constantly look for ways to be a better homemaker, mom and wife.
I wonder: how I can better love my husband.
when Jesus will return. I'm not the type to see the end of the world around every corner. But the crazy weather, etc in the world these days has me wishing for His return more often than I used to.
I regret: being quick to speak.
not much, thankfully.
I love: J! Happy (very soon) Birthday!
my Lord, my life and my loves.
I hope: to be a mom.
in the Lord on a daily basis. He is my everything!
I ache: to have a hug.
when I hear about suffering mamas or babies. Motherhood makes my heart so much more tender.
I always: take too long in the bathroom.
hmm ALWAYS is a word I like to avoid. I always use words like always and never when I'm mad which I remember learning in pre-marriage counseling that you are NOT supposed to do. oops.
I am not: outgoing.
a morning person. Millie wakes me up between 7 and 7:30 everyday. I know that's not that early but my internal clock says it is!
I believe: God's word is truth. AMEN.
God's promises are true. He is on His throne at all times and He is coming again.
I dance: when I'm alone with Cher. :)
with baby girl all the time! I love dance parties with her. 
I sing: for fun.
because it puts a smile on my face. I especially treasure bedtime when I sing for baby girl.
I cry: when I'm hurt.
because I'm a woman and I get emotional, just accept it.
I don’t always: run on time.
wash my hair. I'm really trying not to wash it every day because it's supposed to be better for it. But it's driving me a little crazy.
I fight: because I'm stubborn.
because I'm passionate about what I think, what I believe and who I love.
I write: for fun and to clear the brain.
as a release. It clears my mind and makes my thoughts clearer.
I never: want to move away from Nebraska.
say NEVER if I can help it. Life is so full of changes and most that I sure can't control.
I need: forgiveness for the grouch monster.
daily hugs from my baby! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!