June 1st! I'm nearing the halfway mark on bi-weekly scripture memorization for the year. Beth posted a very encouraging note today. This particular paragraph jumped out at me...
Part of how we stand firm is to know Scripture, and not with swollen heads but swollen hearts. One of the verses in my quiet time this morning was Psalm 119:57 – “The LORD is my source of security. I have determined to follow Your instructions.” (The NET Bible) One thing is certain: we are finding out how little security this anguishing planet can offer us. “The LORD is the source of security.” Personal. National. Global. Universal. The Lord alone. And, so, like never before, we need to know His instructions…and follow them.
What a beautiful verse! I'm amazed at how a different translation can sometimes bring a verse alive in a new way. Knowing that God is my security gives me confidence and determination to follow Him, even though it's hard and I get discouraged far too often. Do you have a verse that brings you determination?
I'm still working on my goal to memorize Proverbs 31. Though I admit I'm not doing as well as when I started, I'm am sticking with it!! And when I do take the time to meditate on my verse, I am challenged to put into practice the ways of this godly woman. Here's my memory verse for the next 2 weeks..
Proverbs 31:19-20
She stretches out her hands to the distaff, And her hand holds the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor, Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you!